The Academic Council is the academic body of the University and has the power to
lay down proper procedures for instructions, research and examination and to regulate
and promote the academic life of the University constituent colleges and Affiliated
Colleges.The Academic Council has the powers:
- To advise the Syndicate on academic matters.
- To regulate teaching, research and examinations.
- To regulate the admission of students to the courses of studies and examinations
of the University, its constituent colleges and Affiliated Colleges.
- To regulate the award of scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes.
- To regulate the conduct and Discipline of the students of the University and Affiliated
- To propose to the Syndicate schemes for the constitution and organization of faculties,
Institutes and other academic bodies.
- To make Regulations on the recommendations of the Board of studies for consideration
and approval of the Syndicate.
- To propose for each academic year, on the recommendations of the Board of Studies, Regulations prescribing the courses of studies, the syllabi and the outlines of
the tests for all University examinations, if the recommendations
of the Board of Faculties or Board of Studies are not received by the prescribed
date, the Academic Council may, subject to the approval of Syndicate, permit such
regulations to continue for the next following year.
- To recognize the examinations of other universities or examining bodies as equivalent to the corresponding examinations of the University.
- To make Regulations for submission to the Syndicate.
- To appoint members to the Authorities in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance.
- To perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.