Directorate of Quality Enhancement & Accreditation
Quality is the mean through which an institution can guarantee with confidence and
certainty that the standards of its educational provision are being maintained and
enhanced. Quality has become an inextensible part of augmentation plan of Higher
Education espoused by the Higher Education Commission.
As per directions of HEC, the Balochistan University of Information Technology And
Management Sciences, Quetta has established Quality Enhancement & Accreditation
(QE&A). The cell has been set up to support the University for improving the
level of education and realizing the challenges to be faced in the field of Education.
The vital role of the Quality Enhancement & Accreditation is to monitor and
enhance academic processes, procedures and practices within academic departments.
It is also responsible to promote the public confidence that the quality and standards
of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
QE&A aims at uplifting the quality of education and harmonizing the standards
of degree of the universities with the international standards through the development
of a sustainable mechanism of Quality Assurance in order to meet the dire challenge
of transforming the Provincial status into a knowledge economy.
- BUITMS is endeavoring for academic excellence based on four pillars, the students,
the faculty, curriculum, and the learning environment. The university shall set
new standards of excellence, in the light of global developments and modern age
scenario. The university is in search of top talent.
- The mission of the QE&A is to strive for the means and ways to improve the quality
of Education in the university and bring it at par with the level of top class universities
of the world. For this purpose, the QE&A would put in all material and intellectual
- Developing a mechanism for quality assessment through constant monitoring and evaluation
of faculty and physical facilities which must be helpful for the fulfillment of
the university’s mission.
- Creating awareness of quality assurance issue among the general masses, students,
faculty members, keeping a national and international focus.
- Strengthening and improving academic processes, procedures and practices within
- Encouraging National and International cooperation for accreditation and understanding
of quality provision in education.
- Organizing a system for assimilating feed back on our educational programmes from
the stakeholders such as teachers, students, employers, government and non-government
organizations, and to modify our teaching/ learning approaches in the light thereof.