Click Here to Enlarge
BUITEMS on its roadmap to “Quality and Excellence in Education” is continuously
analyzing its business processes and the tools that are being used to execute them.
These studies revealed that these processes and the platform need to be upgraded
to meet the evolving needs of higher education. Back in 2006, BUITEMS worked closely
with the Higher Education Commission and “Campus Management Solution” project was
initiated. The first and foremost job to be done was to select a standard off-the-shelf
solution that would have more tightly integrated information and collaboration to
improve interaction and connect information to actions and would be adaptable to
all sizes and types of institutions including small, medium sized, and large, public,
multi-campus universities. Finally, after a detailed survey PeopleSoft Campus Solution
was selected to be implemented at six public sector universities including Dow University
of Health Sciences, Karachi, University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar,
Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Islamia University, Bahawalpur, Balochistan
University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences Quetta
and Punjab University of Lahore. Techlogix Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd was selected to implement
the solution according to the needs of each university. PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
is the world's leading student system and alumni development solution for higher
education and is being used at over 800 campuses in more than 20 countries including
world’s leading universities like Stanford University, University of California,
Berkley, Cambridge University, Cornell University, Duke University and many more.
Gains and Benefits
- Campus Management Solution will provide the ability to streamline processes.
- Reduce manual handling and Consolidate information into one Database, eliminating
or decreasing the need for departments to maintain shadow systems.
- CMS will make easier to prepare and generate reports from different aspects.
- Benefits include improved service to students by many departments on campus, including
Admissions, Advising, Receivable Accounting and Registrar’s offices.
- Deliver role-based, 24/7 access to information and services in a secure learning
- Improve performance toward advancement and fundraising goals through effective communications,
streamlined data collection, and 360 degree insight into the constituents.
- Improve transparency, compliance, and efficiencies by effectively managing funding
and student accounts.
- Consolidate and secure data and person identity with service-enabled Person Data
- Promote data access and reusability through tightly integrated product suites.
- Efficiently define and manage business processes to flexibly configure solutions
to fit needs and requirements.
- Meet the demands of student for intuitive self-service management of their academic
- Reduce administrative overhead through use of powerful utilities.
Campus Management Solution is the most responsive and comprehensive student administration
system which covers all the phases of student life cycle at the university; right
from his admission till he graduates and becomes an alumnus. Following are the modules
available in CMS:
- Recruitment & Admission: This module is capable to automate
the admission process of university, it will generate merit lists according to the
admission criteria and score of the admission test results. The system will make
offering process automatic on the merit basis.
- Student Financials: Student Financial module will keep record of
each student’s financials comprising his fees, scholarships and waivers. Any student
can get his status regarding credit or debit. This will enable finance department
to easily find out the statistics relating to student finance.
- Student Records: The Student Records application is a set of business
processes which can maintain Course Catalog, maintain Schedule of Classes, define
Repeat Checking Rules, Maintain Course Requisites, Process appointments, permissions,
term activations, withdrawals and other term related activities.
- Academic Advisement: Academic Advisement is the application within
Campus Solutions that is used for degree audit i.e. to track the requirements that
a student must satisfy in order to graduate.
- Campus community: It is the foundation of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
package It provides the 3C’s concept i.e. Communications, Checklists and Comments.
It also enables to maintain People and Organizations data. It helps in Event tracking
On and Off Campus events.
- Grade Book: Gradebook helps to monitor class assignments and grades
as well as facilitates communication between instructors and students.
- Hostel Management System :
- Hostel Management System (HMS) enables students to apply for hostel rooms and place
- It enables the administration to allot rooms to faculty and students, to do mess
billing directly to student accounts maintained with the accounts department, to
manage the store inventory, to place notices online for the hostel residents, to
mark attendance of both the hostel residents and their visitors.
- It also provides reports like list of students who applied for hostel admission,
snapshot of current hostel rooms allocation, inventory transaction history, and
- Campus Self Service:
- Student Self-Service:
- Access a secure 360-degree view of their relationship with the institution on a
single web page.
- View class and exam schedules, check enrollment appointments, and enroll or change
enrollment in classes.
- Request transcripts, view course and grade history, and evaluate transfer credit.
- Manage their student accounts for charges, payments, financial aid, and admission
- Make online credit card and eCheck payments.
- Faculty Self-Service:
- See a complete calendar of their classes.
- View a list of students who are enrolled or wait-listed for a class, plus those
- Send email to one student, a select group, or all students in a class—with just
- Access class information, such as start and end date, days and times, and location.
- Enter midterm and final grades for each student.
- Write notes to be displayed on a student's transcript.
- Enterprise Portal: It is a world class portal solution with many
robust content and collaborative features.
- Contributor Relations: Contributor Relations gives the ability
to manage relationship alumni and other donors.
- CollegeNet Scheduling System: It is world class scheduling system
used across the globe. It provides detailed views of facilities and keeps track
of any conflicts that might arise.